Red to Green System in New Mexico: Major Restrictions Imposed
As per the new system of Red to Green formulated by the New Mexico Department of Health along with Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham various restrictions must be followed by the individuals residing there in a very strict manner. The restrictions are stated below:
Restrictions for Counties that fall under the Red Level:
- Only the essential businesses excluding the retail businesses are allowed to operate and that too in a limited manner. The businessmen should make sure that they carry out only the very necessary operations during this time.
- At public places such as businesses, worship houses, etc., not more than five persons must gather at a time. A maximum of only ten vehicles are allowed at the time of individual gatherings and at such a time, no drinks or food is permitted for selling. The individuals must remain in their vehicles at the gathering.
- The retail space essential businesses, houses of worship, outdoor recreational facilities, and food and drink establishments are allowed for operating with a maximum 25% occupancy or even lesser than that but not more. With this, the other safety measures have to be followed with complete strictness as per the protocol devised.
- The food and drinks establishments must adequately place the tables at a distance of six feet apart. The delivery service or carryout service is allowed and can be continued. The establishments can serve alcohol to their customers till 9:00 pm only and after this time, only home delivery is permitted.
- The places of lodging are also allowed to function with a maximum of 25% occupancy. An exception is made to those places of lodging which have accomplished the NM Safe Certified training.
- Any recreational places or facilities where close contact is unavoidable are forbidden from functioning. This rule applies to the state museums and close contact businesses as well.
Restrictions for Counties that fall under the Yellow Level:
- The restrictions for business operations are similar to those of the Red Level while in the case of mass gathering and vehicle gathering, the maximum number of individuals present must not exceed 10 people and 25 vehicles respectively.
- Similar to the Red Level, the other public places are allowed to operate with a maximum of 25% occupancy (Houses of Worship, Outdoor Recreational Facilities, etc.)
- Only those Food and Drink Establishments that have completed the NM Certified training are allowed to provide dine-in services to their customers with a 25% maximum occupancy. The placing of tables should be at a distance of six feet apart and alcohol must not be served after 10:00 pm. No establishment is allowed to open before at least 4:00 am.
- Only the Places of Lodging that have done the NM Certified training are allowed to have an occupancy of as much as 60% while the other places of lodging can have a maximum occupancy limited to 25% only.
- The close contact businesses are allowed to operate with not more than 25% occupancy while the close contact recreational places will remain closed (including the state museums).
Restrictions for Counties that fall under the Green Level:
- The essential businesses can operate without any limitations when it comes to occupancy but their operation must be limited for the carrying out of the necessary functions only. However, the retail space is excluded from this category.
- The mass gatherings can have a maximum of 20 people at a time and the vehicle gathering can have at most 100 vehicles with the same rules as applicable in the other levels.
- The retail space businesses can operate but the occupancy must not be more than 50%.
- The Houses of Worship and Outdoor Recreational Facilities can operate with occupancy of 50% and not more than this.
- The Food and Drinks Establishments whose NM Certified training is completed are only allowed to provide dine-in services with a maximum occupancy of 75% where an outdoor seating facility is there. The placing of tables has to be six feet apart with not more than 6 people on a single table. Delivery services are allowed.
- The places of lodging which have not completed the NM Certified training can have an occupancy of 40% while the ones which have completed can operate with a maximum occupancy of 75%.
The close contact recreational facilities are prohibited from functioning while the state museums can operate but the occupancy must not be more than 50%.